LGBTQ+ at Powerco
Powerco is committed to accepting and valuing all people in its workplace, including embracing the diversity of all sexual and gender identities.
The company is working with Rainbow Tick to obtain its accreditation for organisations that demonstrate they are inclusive workplaces for Rainbow employees, including people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, takatāpui, queer, intersex and other rainbow identities (LGBTTQI+).
To obtain Rainbow accreditation, Powerco is:
- Building a foundation and support structure by creating awareness and getting support from key people within the business. Training of key people covers:
- Foundational knowledge of common terms and identities within LGBTTQI+ communitie
- Workplace-based scenarios – what is the best course of action at Powerco
- Powerco policies are to be reviewed to ensure they include the appropriate language and terminology for LGBTTQI+ people.
- Once the foundations are laid, information will be shared with the wider Powerco whānau, with volunteers being invited to join a working group to help the business achieve the Rainbow Tick.